Regular Grant Cycle (RGC)
SPF believes that general operating support grants provide key organizational capacity building, particularly for small to midsize community-based organizations tackling social, environmental and economic justice issues in the rural South. Regular Grants Cycle awards have helped organizations increase their capacity to address a variety of issues including:
- Education Reform,
- Immigration Rights
- Voter Engagement and Mobilization
- Economic Reform,
- Environmental Justice and Restoration,
- Juvenile Justice and Prison Reform,
- Healthcare Reform and Disability Rights,
- LGBTQ empowerment
- Labor rights,
- Women and Youth empowerment.
Southern Partners Fund’s grantee partners strive to transform their communities from within by building sustainable and lasting movements towards reversing inequities in the rural South. Every day people are tackling huge problems in their own backyards through efforts to alleviate the effects of poverty, lack of resources, and poorly performing education systems that persist in these areas. Citizens are engaged and individuals are empowered through the hard work and prevailing spirit of the people who make up the fabric of these grassroots community organizations. SPF is proud to partner with such extraordinary organizations through the Regular Grants Cycle Awards.
Regular Grant Cycle -RFP Release Date March 1 Proposal Submission Deadline April 30th
- Applicants may request general operating support or project support. Organizations with operating budgets over $350,000 are strongly encouraged to submit a proposal for a specific organizing project.
- The review process often includes a phone interview and/or site visit. Organizations under consideration will be contacted by a Grants Committee member to schedule an interview/site visit.
- The Grants Committee will meet to discuss proposals and make grant decisions. During this meeting, the Committee will discuss the material submitted by the applicants and any additional information gathered during site and/or phone visits.
- Applicants will typically receive notification of the board’s decision by the end of May.
- All organizations that are selected for grants must submit final reports. All new organizations that are selected for grants must submit final reports on the use of the grant, as described in their application. All outstanding progress reports must be received by SPF before a new request is considered.
- Organizations that have been funded for 5 consecutive years through the Regular Grants Cycle must sit out one cycle before they are allowed to apply again. If your organization is unsure about your status, please see the awards list below or contact SPF’s program department. This policy does not include special initiative, justice fund, or discretionary cycles.
- Grant awards will range from $5,000 to $15,000.
The request for proposals for the Regular Grant Cycle will post to SPF’s website at on March 1st and will have a proposal submission deadline of April 30th. To receive announcements regarding the regular grants cycle, email the program department at email@example.com and request to be placed in the program departments email database.