MissionWe are a public foundation created to serve southern communities and organizations seeking social, economic, and environmental justice by providing them with financial resources, opportunities for technical assistance and training, and access to systems of information and power.
Develop and nurture grassroots community-based leaders and organizers.
Build the capacity of their organizations.
Strengthen rural communities and people.
Develop equitable peer relationships, which support real transformation toward a just society.
Our ValuesUsing a grassroots perspective, we believe that culture is the essence of its people and should be valued, shared and preserved in the process.
We must build our strength and unity by incorporating standards of integrity, respect, love, diversity, quality and interconnectedness.
Who We FundThe Southern Partners Fund focuses on rural community organizing in the Southeastern United States (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia). The organizations and projects that we fund strive for progressive fundamental change. These groups must be:
- Rural community groups in the Southeastern United States,
- Self-governed by members of the targeted rural population, and
- Using Grassroots Organizing strategies on issues of social, economic and environmental justice that enable community members to become decision-makers.
- Please note over the next four years SPF will focus on three primary issue areas in its grantmaking: Education Reform; Immigration Rights; and Voter Engagement
What We Do Not Fund
- Direct Services
- Building and land acquisitions
- Legal fees
- Regranting to intermediary organizations
- Urban organizations